Browser Extension Inherit Credentials from Lastpass Desktop?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Browser Extension Inherit Credentials from Lastpass Desktop?

Postby patrickrclark » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi, I have multiple lastpass apps installed on my win10 machine and was wondering if this is something that can be done already and I'm just missing it or if it's more appropriate to go into the feature request section. I use Lastpass Desktop (the application that runs as a windows tray icon) that I have my master password saved in but still prompts for my yubikey two factor authentication every time I log into my machine. I also use the chrome browser extension for autofilling my various website credentials. However, when I log into the desktop app the credentials aren't passed on to the browser extension which means if I want to do any web browsing and not just log into steam or another desktop application I need to log into lastpass a second time. Is there any way to connect the extension to the desktop app so that once I log in on startup I am automatically logged into lastpass on the browser extension as well?
patrickrclark

Re: Browser Extension Inherit Credentials from Lastpass Desk

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:25 am

Make sure the binary component in Chrome and login state are both enabled: https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7636
jpenny84

Re: Browser Extension Inherit Credentials from Lastpass Desk

Postby patrickrclark » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:26 pm

thanks, it seems to work exactly how I want now!
patrickrclark

Return to Windows Installer Questions