Just created a lastpass account and confused what to do next

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Just created a lastpass account and confused what to do next

Postby rochanawsuthep514 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:38 pm

I believed that I downloaded lastpass and created an account using my email address and master password, but I do not see my vault and when I went to a website and logged in I did not see any indication that lastpass was active. What did I do wrong? BTW, I am not tech-savvy. Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Sid L.
rochanawsuthep514

Re: Just created a lastpass account and confused what to do

Postby jonat » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Does the LastPass icon (asterisk in a box) appear in your browser's toolbar? If it does, is the background gray or red? If gray, click on the icon and log in.

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=ge ... feataure_0 has a series of articles that may help.

Normally, LastPass will offer to save information when you log in to a site. It may be that the browser extension isn't enabled, in which case the first article in the link above should help.
jonat

Postby rochanawsuthep514 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Thank you. I now have the icon and see it on websites. Another problem: When I have lastpass generate password the website does not accept it; I get the notification regarding forgetting my user name and/or password. If I then enter the original password I can login. Thanks for your help. Sid L.
rochanawsuthep514

Postby jonat » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Some sites have restrictions on what can be in a password. Try turning off special characters (a checkbox in the password generate dialog), or changing the length (12 is usually a good choice). Pay attention to any error messages the site gives you.
jonat

Postby rochanawsuthep514 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Thank you, jona. I need all the help I can get from tech-savvy people like you; it's greatly appreciated. Sid L.
rochanawsuthep514

Return to Windows Installer Questions