Recommended plug-in won't stay in Chrome

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Recommended plug-in won't stay in Chrome

Postby chandley2j162 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 am

I've installed at least 3 times the plug-in that is recommended each time I open my LastPass vault. I've enabled it on the Settings page of Chrome. Each time I close Chrome, the plug-in disappears and I have to open my vault, get whatever password I want to use, etc. I use Windows 10 on both a desktop (HP) and laptop (Dell). I am not highly qualified as a techie but I'm no dummy--retired academic librarian who used to teach some of this stuff. Why will the plug-in not STAY enabled???
chandley2j162

Re: Recommended plug-in won't stay in Chrome

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Check chrome://extensions and verify that the extension hasn't been disabled.
jpenny84

Postby chandley2j162 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Have done that at least 3 times. I have no idea what disables it.
chandley2j162

Postby kevink758 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 am

I am having the same issue. For about the last week chrome keeps disabling the extension on every one of my computers every time I exit out and go back into chrome.
kevink758

Postby loemoe79 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:39 am

I am having the same issue as well. It's very frustrating. I may have to stop using Last Pass. Too me it is not worth it if I have to install the plug in every time I want to log into a site.
loemoe79

Postby Cavallius » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:01 am

Just chiming in that I am having the same issue. When I launch Chrome I can see the icon to the right of the address field for a moment, and then it disappears. When I go to the extensions page I can see that it is disabled. It is the only extension that has been disabled. I just have to re-enable it and everything works, but it is pretty annoying. (For the rest of you, if you allow Chrome to keep running in the background, you only have to re-enable the extension the first time you launch Chrome after a reboot)
Cavallius

Postby NaveedLP » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:18 am

One possible reason extensions can disappear is when you have got your extension set to sync. Here is a link which explains how you can disable it https://discussions.agilebits.com/discu ... on-syncing. Then follow LastPass FAQ here https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=385

Let me know if this helped. Thanks!
NaveedLP

Postby Janiy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:31 am

really???
Janiy

Postby jeff449 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:32 pm

NaveedLP Wrote:One possible reason extensions can disappear is when you have got your extension set to sync. Here is a link which explains how you can disable it https://discussions.agilebits.com/discu ... on-syncing. Then follow LastPass FAQ here https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=385

Let me know if this helped. Thanks!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

"If it's just a matter of extension syncing, you can disable that in Chrome's preferences. Enter this in Chrome's omnibox:

chrome://settings/search#sync

Then click "Advanced sync settings…", change "Sync Everything" to "Choose what to sync" (if necessary), and UNCHECK "Extensions".

That fixed it for me!! Thanks for the link!
jeff449

Postby redball » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 am

There was a prompt a couple of days ago when I'm using Chrome that I install a desktop version of lastpass. I installed it and after that, lastpass chrome extension stops working/ disabled. I have uninstalled the lastpass app on my PC and then lastpass on Chrome is now back to normal.
redball

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions