Standalone install of Internet Explorer Plugin?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Standalone install of Internet Explorer Plugin?

Postby hannahbrian » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Is there any way to install the Last Pass Internet Explorer Addon without installing the full LastPass software (lastpass.exe)? I am on a machine that has IE6 (Not my choice - I also have Firefox with the LastPass addon), and I am using the portable version of LastPass. I do not want to (am not allowed to) install the full LastPass software, but is there a way I can get the IE addon?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
hannahbrian

Re: Standalone install of Internet Explorer Plugin?

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 pm

hannahbrian Wrote:Is there any way to install the Last Pass Internet Explorer Addon without installing the full LastPass software (lastpass.exe)? I am on a machine that has IE6 (Not my choice - I also have Firefox with the LastPass addon), and I am using the portable version of LastPass. I do not want to (am not allowed to) install the full LastPass software, but is there a way I can get the IE addon?

The only way to install LastPass in IE is to use the installer -- you're welcome to delete most of the files out of %PROGRAMFILES%\LastPass (you'll want to keep LPBar.dll and the lang/ directory at a minimum), delete the menus out of the start menu, etc. If you can't do that I'd look at bookmarklets.

Also, you can tell your administrators that some guy on a forum says they are what's wrong with the IT world. No one should be using IE6 at this point.
JoeSiegrist

Re: Standalone install of Internet Explorer Plugin?

Postby hannahbrian » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 am

I figured that was probably how to go about it. I tried the bookmarklets, but they pale in comparison to the real deal, so I will probably use the installer and do as you suggested.

And believe me, I know... As a web developer here I hate getting my page working beautifully, only to open it in IE6 and see it broken in about 50 different ways. (If I had my way, no one would be using Windows either ;) )

Thanks for the help!

Brian
hannahbrian

Return to Windows Installer Questions