Installer window size too small, can't continue

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Installer window size too small, can't continue

Postby matthewanstey651 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Exact same problem here - i can't install the program because of this bug. PLEASE FIX
matthewanstey651

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Does temporarily adjusting screen scaling let you installer?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900023

Lower the overall Windows DPI setting. To do this, open the Display item in Control Panel (or search for "dpiscaling" from the Start screen), and then adjust the slider under Change the size of all items. You may have to click to select the check box for Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays and then change the scale to 100 percent.

Be aware that on very high-DPI displays, this may make screen elements very small, and some text may become difficult to read.
jpenny84

Postby textmonkey » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:57 am

Same thing happening here. Can't install Lastpass on the new laptop.
textmonkey

Postby textmonkey » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm having the same problem. I've tried adjusting the resolution but this makes the entire window smaller so the text is just as crammed in with no way to get to a button to click to get the installation to move forward.
textmonkey

Postby wcjanse505 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:51 am

The same problem here. I wanted to try out Lastpass as a replacement for Roboform, but when I see that this important problem is still not resolved after nearly four months, I remain with Roboform, which respond at least faster. It's a pity, you are apparently the slowest with updates, Lastpass....... Windows 10 and 4K resolutions are there at least 1 year already.
wcjanse505

Postby Grundig12533 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:32 pm

I got a new Surface Keyboard with fingerprint reader and really wanted to get the binary installed. How I fixed - When I get to the screen showing the insecure passwords I clicked on one of the passwords/sites listed in the window then tabbed 3 times and hit enter and was able to get through the next steps - perhaps someone who can view the entire dialog box and test the right set of keystrokes for various options.
Grundig12533

Postby FloonDog » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:10 am

The issue is that the installer is not handling changes in text properly. Right Click on your desktop, select Display Settings and change the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" from the default of 200% to 100%. Reboot and run the install, then you change it back.
FloonDog

Previous

Return to Windows Installer Questions