Installer window size too small, can't continue

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Installer window size too small, can't continue

Postby gjdev » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:52 pm

I've tried installing the windows x64 bit version on my new Windows 10 laptop, and the Chrome with Binary extensions, and can't progress with either.
The size of the installer dialogs is way too small on my monitor too contain the entire dialog. On the third step (titled "Secure Your", I can read from "Lastpass found the following passwords stored insecurely" until "Once they have been safely imported into". I can't see or press any buttons, so can't consinue the installer from there. The window has a locked size, so I'm basically stuck at that point.
I've tried changing screen resolutions, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any way to progress the installation?
gjdev

Re: Installer window size too small, can't continue

Postby scottluna197 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Im in the same situation have you heard anything back yet..
scottluna197

Postby HappyPelican » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 am

I am also experiencing the same issue. I can't get past the 3rd screen in the installer as the buttons must be out of view. Lucky I tested this first - I was about to recommend this solution to an Enterprise client... but I will have to recommend something else.

Running Windows 8.1 Bootcamp on a MBP 13" Retina
HappyPelican

Postby HappyPelican » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:07 am

HappyPelican

Postby gjdev » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:19 pm

This is how I fixed it:

(1) Enable Windows to prioritise external manifests by creating and setting this registry key (type REGEDIT on a command prompt), and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\PreferExternalManifest (DWORD) to 1

(2) Create a manifest file in the same directory as your lastpass installer, e.g. lastpass_x64.exe.manifest if your installer is called lastpass_x64.exe with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<description>eclipse</description>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel xmlns:ms_asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"
level="asInvoker"
ms_asmv3:uiAccess="false">
</requestedExecutionLevel>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>
<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
<ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
</asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

</assembly>

(3) Restart your computer, and start the installer
gjdev

Postby ewaaser336 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 pm

I have the exact same problem. Is there an easier fix?
ewaaser336

Postby tig72 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi, I have the same problem. gjdev seems to have a fix, but being a very basic home user I'm not sure I know exactly what to do based on the instructions. Is anyone prepared to provide a "dummies guide", or is there another way please? Much appreciated, thanks.
tig72

Postby drewd321 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 am

It's been a month since I've done this. I either right-clicked the desktop, view, small icons OR right-clicked desktop, screen resolution, Make text and other items larger or smaller (make smaller). I hope this helps.
drewd321

Postby drewd321 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:57 am

I just came across another thread on this. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176675&p=593205&hilit=import#p593205
drewd321

Postby jorge215 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:29 pm

I just bought a brand new laptop with 4k display, and I am having the same exact issue. The installation dialog boxes appear all clipped to where you can't see all the text or the buttons, and the GENIUSES at LastPass decided to prevent resizing the window. I can fumble my way to where it gets to the dialog asking if I want LastPass to import unsecured passwords from the browser, and there is absolutely NO KEY you can press to get past that step. There must be something further down that, by the infinite wisdom of LastPass developers, MUST BE CLICKED!
Get this FIXED NOW!
jorge215

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions