View LastPass In Right Click Menu On IE11

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

View LastPass In Right Click Menu On IE11

Postby davy49 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

Hi,
I'm running windows 10 32-bit on two computer's, when I use internet explorer 11 with them..on one of them when when I 'right click', lastpass is listed. On the other one it's not..why, I'm running the same version of lastpass on both of them ( 3.1.92 ) .
Thanks,
David :roll:
davy49

Re: View LastPass In Right Click Menu On IE11

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 am

3.1.92 is an old version. Try downloading and installing the latest one from the LastPass website.
jpenny84

Postby davy49 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi jpenny84,
You are entirely correct..after downloadin/installing the latest version, lastpass indeed does appear back in my right click (context) menu. But now I seem to have a different issue..at least while using IE11 with windows 10. I don't like a lot of clutter on my screen, so when I setup the latest version, under preferences..I chose the command bar button only selection. But now when I click on the red lastpass button when I have the command bar option turned on..nothing happens.
Thanks,
David
davy49

Postby rudyredsox » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Same thing happens to me using Win10/IE11. I've switched to Firefox as my default browser for this reason. LP works well in FF.
rudyredsox

Postby davy49 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick follow up concerning this issue, after installing the latest version , I've noticed what I would consider a 'bug'..that is if you try and use the show command bar button option, upon clicking on the button nothing happens. However, if you choose use compact toolbar..it works correctly...why ??
David :?
davy49

Postby empyreanblaze853 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm

davy49 Wrote:Hi All,
Just a quick follow up concerning this issue, after installing the latest version , I've noticed what I would consider a 'bug'..that is if you try and use the show command bar button option, upon clicking on the button nothing happens. However, if you choose use compact toolbar..it works correctly...why ??
David :?

Still the same here...
empyreanblaze853

Postby luddev » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:53 pm

I have the same issue. The issue being that nothing happens when clicking the right most lastpass button, no matter what setting. Uninstalled lastpass recently since I saw there was a new version, and I hadn't noticed lastpass prompting for any updates on its own (if lastpass doesn't do this, please add the function). Downloaded the new version, installed and this issue appears.

Also I know this has been said before in other posts but I'm going to do so anyway: You need to sort out the version numbers, it is very confusing, I'm thinking I might not have needed to install the new version because maybe I already had it, right?

before I made, what I thought was an update, I checked the version number of the lastpass.exe, which was lower then the version number on the DL site, hence I proceeded with the DL only to find out I still get the same version number...
luddev

Return to Windows Installer Questions