LastPass for Firefox link still doesn't work

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass for Firefox link still doesn't work

Postby roadrunner » Sun May 31, 2015 11:59 am

The LastPass for Firefox link on the LastPass - Download page still doesn't work. It ends with an error "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection error on LastPass.com".

This link has not worked for a long time now. I found postings on this forum going back over a year reporting this. Does anyone know when it will be fixed?

By the way, I know of a work around.
1. Open the LastPass - Download page with Internet Explorer
2. Click Download button for LastPass for Firefox, wait for download to finish
3. Close Internet Explorer
4. Open Windows Explorer, fit to left half of screen, navigate to Downloads folder
5. Open Firefox, go to Add-Ons Manager page, fit Firefox to right half of screen
6. Drag lp_win.xpi file from Windows Explorer to Firefox (Add-Ons Manager page)

Why do I have to do this series of steps every time I want to install or update LastPass for Firefox? Is it really that hard to fix the link? Just wondering ...

By the way, there is an older version (3.1.1.1) of the LastPass add-on available when you search for LastPass from within the Add-Ons Manager within Firefox. And that one loads. So someone knows how to make this work. I suppose a work-around for LastPass would be to keep the LastPass add-on up to date on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/?src=search. And then have the LastPass - Download page simply give instructions to go to the Mozilla web page to get the add-on.

Honestly, I think leaving it like it is now is a bad idea. A link on the LastPass web site that doesn't work, and hasn't worked for a long time - what kind of impression does that leave with people?

Jim
roadrunner

Re: LastPass for Firefox link still doesn't work

Postby jpenny84 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 pm

This is a Firefox issue, and is likely due to another extension you're running, or security/anti-virus software. You need to find out what's causing the conflict and temporarily disable it when installing extensions.
jpenny84

Postby roadrunner » Sun May 31, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't think this is a Firefox issue, for the following reason:

1. I just created a new user on this Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit laptop. New user has all default settings for Firefox. No extensions. All plugins set to Never Activate. Still doesn't work.

Please post specific settings you have on your computer that work. I will replicate your settings and reply.
roadrunner

Postby joetomberlin439 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 pm

The installer starts in firefox ok, but when you go to the "Extensions" tab of the Add-On manager, the installing progress bar never moves.

I've had no problems with Lasdtpass for years, what's up now?
joetomberlin439

Postby DAOWAce » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Experiencing this now as I attempted to reinstall the addon after testing a development build.

Funnily enough I just installed it fine earlier.

Looks to me like some sort of CDN issue affecting access via Firefox.
DAOWAce

Postby fork531 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 pm

As of 7-1-2015 the post of roadrunner in May is still unresolved. Saying it's a Firefox issue with no backing evidence
is a typical "their fault not mine" response and having to use a IE browser as a work around to install a Firefox plug-in is
ridiculous. I have been using Last Pass for many years to great satisfaction when all of a sudden my Icon disappeared from my browser. The company help response is to re-install the plug-in but it can't be done due to a "connection failure on Last Pass.com" What/why a connection failure? It says nothing about Firefox it refers to Last Pass. I hope I'm venting not just to a computer screen and that there are company employees who monitor this forum and provide help in solving problems.
fork531

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Open Firefox in safe mode and re-attempt the download.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... -safe-mode
jpenny84

Postby mjktg » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:24 am

I was using lastpass till june this year when my laptop went for an upgrade and since then the last pass manager is a mess - whether I download the manager or whether i install the extension. the moment I enable, firefox just hangs and with great difficulty and many attempts, one is able to disable the link - immediately everything returns to normal. the funny thing is that now I have to open my chrome browser so that I am able to access pages with pw - all other pages, I use firefox which is my normal mode - seems a bit ridiculous but I am seeing posts which are extremely old and it does not seem to have been sorted out. On another forum, many folks have rolled back firefox to ver 35 and then everything is working - if nothing works, i want to go back to vers 35 - can someone help me to find a link to that setup file.
mjktg

Return to Windows Installer Questions