The LastPass for Firefox link on the LastPass - Download page still doesn't work. It ends with an error "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection error on LastPass.com".
This link has not worked for a long time now. I found postings on this forum going back over a year reporting this. Does anyone know when it will be fixed?
By the way, I know of a work around.
1. Open the LastPass - Download page with Internet Explorer
2. Click Download button for LastPass for Firefox, wait for download to finish
3. Close Internet Explorer
4. Open Windows Explorer, fit to left half of screen, navigate to Downloads folder
5. Open Firefox, go to Add-Ons Manager page, fit Firefox to right half of screen
6. Drag lp_win.xpi file from Windows Explorer to Firefox (Add-Ons Manager page)
Why do I have to do this series of steps every time I want to install or update LastPass for Firefox? Is it really that hard to fix the link? Just wondering ...
By the way, there is an older version (184.108.40.206) of the LastPass add-on available when you search for LastPass from within the Add-Ons Manager within Firefox. And that one loads. So someone knows how to make this work. I suppose a work-around for LastPass would be to keep the LastPass add-on up to date on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/?src=search
. And then have the LastPass - Download page simply give instructions to go to the Mozilla web page to get the add-on.
Honestly, I think leaving it like it is now is a bad idea. A link on the LastPass web site that doesn't work, and hasn't worked for a long time - what kind of impression does that leave with people?