'No Sites Available' IE11

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

'No Sites Available' IE11

Postby gdrfgdgt » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:58 am

Frequently, my last pass icon shows No Sites Available in internet explorer 11. I then have to log out of lastpass, and back in, after which sometimes the site works. Other times, I open a new tab, and again get No Sites Available. I use so many passwords on websites which have randomized using Lastpass, and so this is a very frustrating issue for me. Is there a fix for this problem?
gdrfgdgt

Re: 'No Sites Available' IE11

Postby rudyredsox » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 am

I have this issue happen to me regularly. Today I can't use LastPass in IE11 at all. When I log in it says "No Sites Available" after multiple logouts and logins. I now have to use Chrome or Firefox to gain access.

Also, using IE11, I couldn't reply to this post. When I hit Post Reply it would bring be to the main forum listing.

I hope the issue gets resolved quickly; When you have all your random passwords stored in LastPass you are really dead in the water without access.
rudyredsox

Postby najef1979196 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

I have Same issue, Some tabs work others dont, sometimes all tabs dont work.
Does not depend on website In Tab.
najef1979196

Postby dschmidt470 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I also experience this problem constantly on both 3.1.2 and the new 3.1.4. I am running IE 11 32-bit on Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit. Firefox and Chrome work fine. Protected Mode is disabled for the Internet and Local intranet zones. Compatibilty mode is enabled for all sites via the "Turn on Internet Explorer 7 Standards Mode" group policy.
In IE, the LastPass toolbar indicates that I am logged in. When I click the "My LastPass Vault" button in the toolbar, it opens the Vault in a new tab, but has no content, just the LastPass saved sites splash page, as if it was just installed under a new account. My email address is not present in the top left corner next to the LastPass menu button (in the body of the page).
The login session is partially active though, I can click the Settings link in the Actions menu on the left and it does successfully open my pop-over settings window. I can also click the "Form Fill Profiles" link at the top and see my saved entries there. However, the "Admin Console" link is missing from the Actions menu.
The address bar indicates "C:\Users\dschmidt\AppData\LocalLow\LastPass\iehome2.html". A partial workaround seems to be to go to the address bar and manually navigate to https://lastpass.com, then click the "SIGN IN" link at the top left. My Vault and complete Actions menu then open successfully, but if I restart the browser I need to repeat this process.
I suspect it may be a timeout issue of some kind. When the Vault does eventually open my CPU usage spikes and Windows becomes extremely sluggish for a few seconds. It almost feels like the momentary lockups experienced with a dying hard drive. I doubt it is storage though, as I am running on a relatively new SSD.
dschmidt470

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm

To those having this issue: You've tried deleting LastPass and resinstalling with the latest version, correct? Reinstalling would be the first thing to try.

1. Remove LastPass - https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=185
2. Reinstall LastPass - https://www.lastpass.com/download

If reinstalling doesn't help, if you're willing to take the time, please run the debug version, recreate the problem and send that information to support. - https://lastpass.com/debug.php#ie
jpenny84

Postby rudyredsox » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 am

If you have a fingerprint reader and use it to log into LastPass you don't want to install the latest version. I uninstalled and reinstalled as outlined above and the new version locks up the entire machine when it tries to access the fingerprint reader. I had to force a shutdown by holding the power button on my laptop because I couldn't even get to the Task Manager app. Luckily I had an older version of LastPass (from April) that I could install to get me going again...
rudyredsox

Postby dmitrijLP » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:24 am

rudyredsox Wrote:If you have a fingerprint reader and use it to log into LastPass you don't want to install the latest version. I uninstalled and reinstalled as outlined above and the new version locks up the entire machine when it tries to access the fingerprint reader. I had to force a shutdown by holding the power button on my laptop because I couldn't even get to the Task Manager app. Luckily I had an older version of LastPass (from April) that I could install to get me going again...

As a temporary workaround, try the following steps:

1. find WinBioStandalone.exe in the LastPass installation folder (Disk C --> Program Files or Program Files 86--> LastPass)
2. right mouse click on WinBioStandalone.exe and select 'properties'
3. select compatibility tab
4. check 'run this program in compatibility mode for:' and select 'Windows 7'
5. try setting up fingerprint again
dmitrijLP

Postby MMKUK » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:37 am

I was directed here from another thread. Has this workaround been confirmed to work and is LastPass working on a fix? It's strange that it never happened before I reinstalled LastPass (with the same version I was using previously, with no issues.)

Image of issue: http://i.mknight.co/images/2014/07/31/winbio.jpg

My Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=140935
MMKUK

Postby dmitrijLP » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 am

MMKUK Wrote:I was directed here from another thread. Has this workaround been confirmed to work and is LastPass working on a fix? It's strange that it never happened before I reinstalled LastPass (with the same version I was using previously, with no issues.)

Image of issue: http://i.mknight.co/images/2014/07/31/winbio.jpg

My Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=140935

Apologies for the temporary inconvenience, the following issue is assigned to one of the developers and I have passed your report as well.

As much as we all would like to resolve such issues as soon as possible, I'm afraid no estimated time on the fix, however please rest assured that this has not been forgotten and the following behavior should be resolved as soon as possible.
dmitrijLP

Postby rudyredsox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

As of April 1, 2015 this continues to be an intermittent problem for me. Today it is particularly bad and can't get to any of my stored sites in LastPass.
rudyredsox

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions